Urgent Prescriptions Tele-Consultation: A Simple Guide
Warning – No Schedule 8 Drugs
- Our service doesn’t prescribe Schedule 8 (S8) drugs.
- S8 drugs include powerful medications like certain painkillers and stimulants.
- For safety reasons and due to the potential for misuse, these are not provided online.
- Patients need an in-person doctor’s visit to get these medications.
Chronic Disease Prescriptions
- We can prescribe common medicines for chronic diseases.
- This service has a limit of one repeat prescription.
- This is to avoid any misuse of medicines and maintain safe practices.
- We strongly advise regular check-ups with your regular doctor (GP) for ongoing care.
E-Prescriptions and Pharmacy Collection
- If you have Medicare and our system can generate an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI), we can send e-prescriptions.
- This means your prescription is sent directly to your device.
- If not, we can send your prescription to your local pharmacy for pick-up.
- Always remember, our service is designed for convenience, but it’s vital to maintain regular contact with your GP for optimal health management.